What is a ball valve?
The ball valve is a quarter turn valve, has a valve total body and”ball” in the center of the valve body, and has an opening to guide the flow. In addition, when the ball is in the closed position, a circular seat will be provided to form a seal. The lever control is used as a tool to rotate the opening of the ball to regulate or to prevent the contents from flowing through the piping system. Due to its simple design, the ball valve is very highly durable and even uncomplicated to maintain.
As the name suggests, the ball valve has a movable metal ball to control fluid flow. The ball valve is designed to relax high capacity, high temperature and high pressure. While it is unthinkable that such a simple valve design can accomplish many things, we can see in detail the effectiveness and efficiency of this component.www.kp-lok.com
Certainly one of the main advantages of operating a ball valve in a piping system is that whenever the valve fails, there is no need to take out the valve from the valve and repair it. It is a common selection in enclosed methods like petroleum pipelines, pipelines containing corrosive and chemical substances, hydraulic applications, etc.
The type of ball valve requested in addition to the substance to be built is dependent on the practical application. Commonly used materials for building ball valves comprise of stainless-steel, brass and PVC. To ensure compatibility, it is important to inform the valve supplier of the flow throughout the ball valve before installing the valve.
The ball valve operates 1/4 turn and is closed by a float valve. This means that as the valve rotates, the valve closes. Therefore, a simple visual confirmation of the seal closure (the handle is perpendicular to the path instead of long). The ball valve is called a floating ball and has a mechanism that controls the flow of chemicals into and out of the tank. You can push chemicals through the system; you cannot give up or vice versa. There are many types of ball valves, such as ball valves with valve bodies, ball valves with inlet and ball valves with separate bodies. Each type of valve usually works the same way. However, the difference lies in the method of manufacturing the components.
Benefit or advantages of the ball valves
- As mentioned above, the ball valve releases the clamping of the valve. When you intuitively see the handle, you can quickly see the open / closed state. If fittings and the pipes leak, closed valves can prevent further losses. In this case, it can save the chemical costs and save time and energy for possible cleaning.
- Another advantage of ball valves is that ball valves are relatively inexpensive. As a result, the one-piece ball valve is easy to replace, the two-piece type is easy to clean and the three-piece type is easy to maintain.
- Fast quarter turn on / off operations.
- Low torque with tight sealing.
- Smaller than most other valves.
Ball valves are characterized by excellent efficiency, elasticity, durability, corrosion resistance, maintenance and cost-effectiveness. The stainless steel ball valve is a relatively affordable fitting on the market.